2014 Milton Rotary Youth Volunteers of The Year Awards
2014 Milton Rotary Youth Volunteer of the Year Awards
Do you know a Milton teen who goes above & beyond when it comes to volunteering, who is a leader, who could benefit from 1 of 3 scholarships worth a few thousand dollars? Application deadline is April 6th. Go to www.miltonrotaryclub.com for more info. Share with potential candidates. The Rotary Club of Milton is a champion for volunteerism in our Town.
* Platinum Award- $2,000.00 grant towards post secondary first year tuition expenses at a recognized institution.
* Gold Award - $1,000.00 grant towards first year post secondary tuition expenses at a recognized institution.
* Silver Award - $500.00 grant towards post secondary first year tuition expenses at a recognized institution.
Note: Grants will or can be held in trust for Post Secondary Education.
Purpose of the Scholarships
* To acknowledge individuals who exemplify and have demonstrated community leadership by Volunteering
* The candidate must be a resident of Halton Region.
* The candidate must be attending a Milton Secondary School.
* Volunteerism (unpaid) exceeding considerably over 40 hours required by school system.
* Demonstrated leadership in their school and/or community.
* Academic achievement will be a consideration but not necessarily the deciding factor.
* Candidates will be nominated by schools and other organizations (2 references required)
* Write an essay relating to your experience on “Value of Volunteering in Your Community”, (minimum 500/ maximum 750 words). Please include a summary of education/career goals.
* Provide a resume listing the organizations in which you have participated.
* Provide two written references (Volunteering Organizations)
* Forward applications to Vino Khimasia at vkhimasia (at) bell.net
* Applications must be received by 6th April, 2014.
* The selection committee will consist of members of the Rotary Club of Milton.
* The committee will review all applications and interview the finalists.
* The scholarship winners will be notified by Early May, 2014.